Incident Reporting and Your Safety Management System
Investigating the Who, What, Why, Where, When and How?
The key objective for investigating and reporting incidents in the workplace is to understand how an incident occurred and to prevent it from reoccurring. Incident reporting is a critical component of any Safety Management System (SMS). Incidents need to be logged and investigated correctly and corrective actions, assigned, tracked and implemented.
An effective Safety Management System, guides users through root cause analysis, answering the vital questions; Who, What, Why, Where, When and How? Your Safety Management System should enable you to:
- Identify Contributing Risks and Hazards
- Identify Inadequate Systems and Procedures
- Identify Training Requirements
- And Allow you to Create, Assign and Track Corrective Actions
Incident reporting is a core myosh module that integrates with over 100 other optional cloud based modules. The myosh Mobile app simplifies reporting onsite, online or offline and encourages a culture of safety within the workplace. Data Dashboards allow users to quickly identify trends and target performance for improvement. Data collected enables users to analyse Incidents by Site, Classification, Status, Resolution Rate and more.
This core module also facilitates Compliance with Standards AS/NZ 4801 and, ISO45001, the impending New Global Standard for Work, Health and Safety. Requirements for ISO 45001 include:
- Developing and implementing an OHS policy and OHS objectives.
- Establishing systematic processes that consider risks and opportunities, and legal requirements.
- Determining the hazards associated with its activities; putting in controls and seeking to eliminate them.
- Establishing controls to manage its risks and legal requirements.
- Increasing awareness of its OHS risks.
- Evaluating its OHS performance and seeking to improve it.
- Ensuring workers take an active role in OHS matters.
myosh has been used by organisations around the globe, to manage and improve work safety for over 14 years. Over 100 cloud based modules integrate with intuitive action management. Results are analysed, shared and improved with powerful reporting tools and dashboards.