In it’s latest Newsletter, WorkSafe NZ has highlighted the legal requirements around managing and maintaining skills and competence within an organization.
Wayne Vernon writes in his overview that “Ensuring everyone involved in work is competent, is essential to prevent harm – from both process safety and personal safety hazards. Therefore, managing and maintaining competence is a critical safety control measure for any organisation, and was a legal obligation in New Zealand well before the 2015 Health and Safety at Work Act came into force in April 2016.” *
The article also outlines the requirements of an effective competence management system and that it should identify:
• Skills required for a particular facility
• Who among the workforce possesses a particular skill
• Who has received appropriate training.
Training Management includes skill, competency and induction management. Employers have a duty of care to ensure that all employees perform their work in a manner that is safe and without risks to health. ISO standards also require that employers determine the necessary competencies required for tasks and to ensure that these competencies are acquired and can be verified.
myosh is a HSEQ Software solution used to manage and improve work safety. The myosh Training Management Module helps to simplify workflow and key processes, specifically:
• Training Needs Analysis – Who needs to do what training, based on their occupation and current competencies.
• Easy Access to a Central Cloud Based Record of Training Accomplished and attached Certificates.
• Define and Schedule Alerts before Training Competencies Expire or Training is Due.
• View Person Records and Training Competencies on site using QR Code Technology.
• View Person Training Competencies from within Incident Reporting.
• Training Matrix Reports can be customised to identify skills required for employees in relation to jobs/tasks being performed.
myosh Online Learning is a separate module that enables you to create learning solutions to suit your organisation‘s needs. This module automates the running of courses and allows you to test for understanding by building in questions. When training is successfully completed it automatically creates a certificate that can be printed.
Courses are web based and can be completed anywhere with internet access, even on your smart phone, which is perfect for efficient site inductions. You simply send your site visitors or new employees a link to the course.
Courses are easy to create, either by importing scorm content or by building your own with the myosh online learning editor. myosh Online Learning is available as a standalone cloud based solution, or as an optional myosh module that can integrate with myosh Training Management.
Watch our webinar below.
Organisations across the globe have been using myosh to manage and improve work safety for over 14 years. Over 100 cloud based modules integrate with intuitive action management. Results are analysed, shared and improved with powerful reporting tools and dashboards. myosh mobile simplifies inspections, incident and hazard reporting and promotes a shared culture of responsibility for safety.
For more information, email email@example.com