Worldwide companies are focusing on their core business and outsourcing other functions to specialists, thus resulting in the increased use of contractors. The Person Conduction the Undertaking or Business (PCBU) who retains a contractor’s services, is liable for ensuring that the contractors’ employees are not exposed to health and safety risks. Contractors engaged to undertake work for a PCBU are considered to be workers of that PCBU. PCBU’s therefore have the same duties towards contractors, as they do to their own employees.
A worker, on the other hand is a person who carries out work in any capacity for a PCBU thus including contractors. As a worker, the contractor should be proactive in recognising potential hazards in the workplace and reporting those hazards. It is important that the contractor is familiar with the workplace procedures that outline the actions they need to take. Induction training which stipulates safe work procedures on the hiring company’s site, is essential before any work commences.
The myosh Contractor Management Module assists companies with the management of their contractors no matter the size of the business and has the following features:-
- Create a preferred supplier list and capture all the details of a specific contractor
- Capture details of employees and sub-contractors
- Upload all relevant contractor documents such as insurances, JSA’s agreements and licenses
- Contractor compliance checklists
- Records of contractor employee qualifications and training.
- Receive notifications for training and renewals
- Upload contractor equipment testing records and calibration certificates. Receive alerts when these are due for renewal
- Monitor contractors HSEQ performance record
- Access to inspection checklists and registers for tasks and equipment
myosh Classic for medium sized enterprises, has all the standard features listed above
myosh Custom for large Enterprises, is a fully customisable software solution, which can be tailored for our larger client’s specific needs. The Contractor Management Module in Custom allows you to invite your contractors onto your HSEQ system, giving them access to the Contractor Management Module and allowing them to populate it with all necessary records and documents for a specific job, for example Training and Qualification records, Licenses, Insurances and employee details, JSA’s/SWMS. Alert emails generated automatically by the software, will also be received by the contractor.
myosh also has the myosh365 software program designed specifically for small businesses. Contractors should be encouraged to use myosh365 Software to manage their HSEQ issues and provide them with a verifiable system to satisfy their clients’ requirements.
All of the above packages include the myosh Mobile App which allows PCBU representatives and contractors to include HSEQ in their daily tasks and routine, due to it being as available as the nearest Mobile phone or Tablet.