It is important to collate and control information to ensure all staff have access to relevant information. The Documents module provides a single place where all documents are accessed. This eliminates the possibility of staff using incorrect versions or accessing incorrect information. The module can track changes and ensure staff are notified when documents change.
What does it do?
- Provides a way of storing and linking to any type of document
- A central source for viewing documents that may be located in multiple places
- Notifies people when documents change
- Link to web sites and internal networks or attach directly in to the module
- Ensures people are informed and consulted about important information
- Ensures you control the latest document being used
- Allow history of changes through check-in/check-out
- Emails to groups and/or individuals
- Specify who should read the document.
- Once the document is submitted the people in the read list will receive an email with the document attached/linked as required with a read acknowledgement within the email itself.
- Once the person clicks on the link to say that they have read the document, it will send this back into the document module and move the person into the “Has Read” field.
- For example – Release documents, such as, security policies etc. and track whether the required persons have read.
- Integrate with payroll, HR or ERP systems for automated employee updates
- Links to employee module
- Other modules can reference material contained within the documents module
- Links to action management to ensure the documents are kept up to date