What does it do?
The main objective in any Safety Management programme should be the elimination of incidents and injuries. One tool in building a positive culture of safety in the Workplace, is Job Safety Observation. An effort to reduce injuries, can result in decreased costs, increased productivity and improved employee morale. Research indicates that companies approach Job Safety Observation differently, some focussing on Behavioural Observation, whilst others encompass the facility where the job is undertaken, tools and machinery used and the people involved in a particular task. The tool of Job safety Observation can be to:
- Observe employees who are performing normal work activities
- Understand rationale for decisions and actions
- Reinforce safe work practices and
- Correct unsafe acts and conditions.
- Observations are an opportunity to point out the positive actions and situations and recognise opportunities for improvement
The myosh Job Safety Observation Module has the versatility to be used in line with your companies approach.
- Records the observer and the observations
- Enables the job to be classified, classed and rated
- Allows for corrective actions to be created and relevant documents to be attached
What reports can I create?
- Customise your own JSO, using filters to select the required records and fields to display
- Calendar view showing when the JSO was completed
Can I configure the module?
- Add new values or remove values from existing fields through a simple to use web interface
- The job category can be configured
- Enter the details of the observer and the tasks being observed
- Record date and time of observation
- Record the classification, class, rating and observation
- Create corrective actions where necessary for observations
- Attach relevant documentation
- Create Actions for the overall JSO
- Links to action management to ensure follow up corrective and preventative actions are created