Successful Health and Safety Management Systems rely on Effective Hazard Identification Processes and Action Management.
The myosh Hazard management module guides the user through a proactive process that enables continuous improvement and risk reduction in your business. There are 4 steps that help to build a company’s risk profile:
- Hazard Identification – find out what can cause harm.
- Risk Assessment – understand the harm that could be caused, how serious, and the likelihood.
- Control – Seek to eliminate the hazard or implement the most effective measure of control that is reasonably practicable in the circumstances.
- Review those control measure to ensure outcomes are working as planned.
The Hazard Management Module is Integrated with other modules and information captured in this Module can be converted into Actions or incorporated into Management reports and Dashboards.
Actions can be created and defined in every Module whether one is mitigating an identified hazard, eliminating a risk, preventing an incident from reoccurring or closing out an audit finding. Actions can be assigned to a person and include information such as when the action needs to be completed. Action tracking is used determine whether they have been completed within the stipulated time. This ties in with Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle of continuous improvement which forms the basis of the ISO Standards.
View our Action Management and Hazard Reporting webinar below, which specifically focuses on:
• Logging Actions and Hazards via Mobile
• Creating Actions and Hazards via Desktop
• Creating from other Modules
• Managing Views
• Scheduled Actions
• Search reports
• Management reports
What does it do?
- Users can log hazards (encourage reporting culture)
- Identify control strategies
- Define risk control measures
- Determine Risk Ratings and residual Risk Ratings
- Notify specified people when hazards are logged
- Notify reporting person of measures taken to control the hazard
- Review notifications to ensure hazards are monitored over time
- Track residual risk versus initial risk
What reports can I create?
- Custom build your own reports using filters to select required records and choose the fields to display
- Export to Excel
- Display hazards and Risks graphically or in tabular form
- Select to view Hazards logged between specified dates
- Aged hazards summary for different sites, departments, divisions etc.
Can I configure the module?
- Add new or remove values from existing fields through a simple to use web interface
- Add different hazard types
- Define notification profiles
- Use your own defined risk matrix
- Change content of the help screens
- User logs hazard
- Accountable person analyses the hazard, evaluates it using the Risk matrix, defines a control strategy and actions the relevant controls to treat the risk, specifies a review date to assess the effectiveness of the mitigation measures
- Email notification to reporting person as per legislation in many jurisdictions
- Email notifications to review hazards on review date
- Links to action management and incident reporting modules