Persons Conducting a Business or Undertaking (PCBU’s) are responsible for managing Workplace HSEQ Risks. Managing Risks in the workplace involves four basic steps, namely:
- Identify hazards. A hazard is anything that could be harmful to any person or the environment
- Assess the Risk. This involves considering what could happen if someone is exposed to the hazard and the likelihood of it happening. This will determine the severity of the Risk and enables you to prioritise which hazards should be treated first, by understanding the harm that could be caused by the hazard
- Control the Risk by eliminating it or implementing the most effective control measures to reduce its severity or likelihood of causing harm. Effective control measures include substituting, isolating or implementing engineering controls
- Review the Risk to ensure the control measures have been effective. Reviews must take place regularly as controlling Risks in the workplace is an ongoing process
The myosh Risk Hazard Management Module guides the user through these four steps and allows a company to build a Risk profile. Its integration with other Modules allows information captured in this Module to be converted into Actions or be incorporated into Management reports.
What does it do?
- Users can log hazards (encourage reporting culture)
- Identify control strategies
- Define risk control measures
- Determine Risk Ratings and residual Risk Ratings
- Notify specified people when hazards are logged
- Notify reporting person of measures taken to control the hazard
- Review notifications to ensure hazards are monitored over time
- Track residual risk versus initial risk
What reports can I create?
- Custom build your own reports using filters to select required records and choose the fields to display
- Export to Excel
- Display hazards and Risks graphically or in tabular form
- Select to view Hazards logged between specified dates
- Aged hazards summary for different sites, departments, divisions etc.
Can I configure the module?
- Add new or remove values from existing fields through a simple to use web interface
- Add different hazard types
- Define notification profiles
- Use your own defined risk matrix
- Change content of the help screens
- User logs hazard
- Accountable person analyses the hazard, evaluates it using the Risk matrix, defines a control strategy and actions the relevant controls to treat the risk, specifies a review date to assess the effectiveness of the mitigation measures
- Email notification to reporting person as per legislation in many jurisdictions
- Email notifications to review hazards on review date
- Links to action management and incident reporting modules