The Safety institute of Australia is seeking expressions of interest from experienced members to represent the SIA on the following Standards Australia committees:
1. ME 063 Earth Moving; Standardisation in the field of Earth moving machinery.
2. SF 053 Occupational Protective Clothing; Standards development in occupational protective gloves, occupational protective apparel used for industrial activities, including guidance for selection, use and maintenance of such apparel.
3. FP-001 Special Hazard Fire Protection Systems; Standardisation in the field of design, installation, commissioning and testing of fixed fire extinguishing systems for special hazard installations including: Fire extinguishing systems utilising the following extinguishing agents: Gas, Water mist, Condensed aerosols, Foam, Wet chemical, Powder and Oxygen reduction/hypoxic system. And excluding: Sprinklers, Sprinkler system using closed head water mist nozzles and Fire protection for mobile and transportable equipment.
4. SF-033 Chainsaw Safety: Standardisation in the fields of safety, chainsaws, brushcutters and other manually portable forest machinery. This includes requirements for design and guarding of equipment and other operational practices.
5. CH 31 Methods for Examination of Workplace Atmospheres: Standardisation in the field of methods for the sampling and analysis of workplace atmospheres.
The selection process will be looking for people who are able to actively contribute to the specific committee with specialist skills and industry experience in the field. Download the application form below for further details.