Safe Work Australia has released four new reports, one of which shows WHS regulators are increasingly turning to infringement notices to tackle health and safety violations, and another that shows workers’ compensation claims and rates are continuing to fall.
The Comparative Performance Monitoring report analyses trends in WHS and workers’ compensation scheme performance across Australia and New Zealand.
Key findings from the report edition include:
- The incidence rate of serious workers’ compensation claims decreased by 10 per cent across Australia between 2013-14 and 2016-17, with falls recorded in most jurisdictions.
- WHS authorities across Australia undertook 230,054 workplace interventions; issued 46,472 notices for WHS breaches; and finalised 289 legal proceedings, resulting in $18.9 million in fines ordered by the courts.
- Total expenditure for workers’ compensation schemes across Australia was $8.457 billion in 2017-18, of which over 80 per cent went to claimants through either direct payments or services.
- Average workers’ compensation premium rates across Australia have decreased by 10 percent over the last five years.
The Comparison of Workers’ Compensation Arrangements in Australia and New Zealand report has also been published.
It provides information on the operation of workers’ compensation schemes in each jurisdiction across Australia and New Zealand.
Download the reports:
- Comparative Performance Monitoring report 21st edition (in three parts).
- Comparison of Workers’ Compensation Arrangements in Australia and New Zealand (2019).
How Does myosh Work?
myosh is a cloud based workplace health and safety platform that works with you and your team.
Over 50 configurable modules integrate to collect HSEQ data.
Modules are used to manage hazards, investigate incidents, manage risk, conduct audits and much more.
Our mobile app is used for fast data capture in the field, online or offline. Features include QR code scanning, digital signatures, Geo Locations and Geo Fencing, pdf export and more. You can configure mobile forms, visibility and functionality in your Administration panel
The myosh Dashboard provides powerful organisational insight by transforming your hseq data into intelligent visual charts, marps and tables. Up to date data is derived from modules and displayed in an interactive visual format, configured specifically for you and your team.
myosh is built on the Viking PaaS, a super configurable platform with powerful capabilities. Teams can quickly and easily configure the platform to their own very unique end to end process requirements.
We encourage you to treat your software technology like a team member. The myosh academy is designed to empower your team with the skills to ensure they use their software tools productively. Everyone learns differently, so the academy holds a variety of resources including videos, guided learning and verified online learning courses for each myosh module.
Your investment in myosh helps you and your team manage risk, compliance and improve workplace health and safety. Today, successful organisations view safety as an asset, and health and safety spending as an investment. This is because a safe workplace adds measurable business value, and can drive tangible improvements in performance, profit, and culture.
Ask our team for an online demonstration today.
The Facts and The Figures
Organisations are constantly reminded that health and safety failure is expensive. And whilst this is certainly true, there are benefits to health and safety success that go beyond cost-avoidance. Today, successful organisations view safety as an asset, and health and safety spending as an investment.
Download the report and discover the tangible and measurable benefits that health and safety initiatives can have on:
- Organisational Productivity
- Safety Climate
- The Bottom Line
Your investment in myosh helps you and your team manage risk, compliance and improve workplace health and safety.
We encourage you to treat your software technology like a team member. The myosh Academy is designed to empower your team with Knowledge, Skills, Tips and FAQS, and to ensure they use their software tools productively.
- Watch videos
- View FAQs
- Take online courses
- Read articles
- Stay informed with myosh Updates